POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Imitate Sine Wave Surfer with superpatch? : Imitate Sine Wave Surfer with superpatch? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Imitate Sine Wave Surfer with superpatch?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 7 May 1999 23:10:02
Message: <37339cfa.0@news.povray.org>
There is a program out there called sine wave surfer that can make
seamless tiled images of all kinds of looks.  From its web page comes to
mind one striking image of some kind of glowing green metallic ooze, all
seamless!

Rather than download this program, even if it were freeware, I was
trying to do the same thing with the isosurface PIGMENT feature in
Superpatch.  I figured that the easiest way to make a seamless tile was
with a trig-function based pigment, viewed orthographically.   I tried
around with several different functions, but everything essentially
looked like marching squares and circles.

Is there an algorithmic way to use POV to make a seamless tile,
especially with the superpatch?